WELCOME TO OUR NEW WEB SITE!
The Center for Educational Opportunity (CeO) is a federally- and state-funded center that provides academic and ancillary support to students who are first-generation in their family to come to college, students from low-income families, or students with disabilities. The CeO center houses the federally-funded program TRiO Student Support Services.
CeO is a campus-wide program open to students from various disciplines. We work with about 500 undergraduate students each academic year. Our mission is to provide a supportive learning community which fosters an equal opportunity for success in higher education.
Our services are available to our students from freshman year until graduation. Students are encouraged to start working with us as soon as they apply for admission to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. However, we always welcome the opportunity to work with continuing UW-Madison students throughout the academic year.
- structured first-year experience
- academic and career advising
- free tutoring and supplemental instruction
- assistance with financial aid process, housing, and other university services
- support for students with disabilities
- writing and study skill development
- graduate school and professional school advising
- peer mentoring
- internship & employment assistance
- cultural and social activities
- community outreach
- informational resources