WELCOME TO OUR NEW WEB SITE!
The Center for Educational Opportunity (CeO) is a federally- and state-funded center that provides academic and ancillary support to students who are the first-generation in their family to come to college, students from economically vulnerable families, or students with disabilities. CeO houses the federally-funded program TRiO Student Support Services. More information about eligibility can be found on our Prospective Students page.
CeO is a campus-wide undergraduate program open to around 500 students from various disciplines. CeO's mission is to provide a supportive learning community which fosters an equal opportunity for success in higher education.
CeO's services are available to students from freshman year until graduation. Students are encouraged to begin involvement with CeO as soon as they apply for admission to the University of Wisconsin-Madison; however, CeO always welcomes the opportunity to work with continuing UW-Madison students throughout the academic year.
- structured first-year experience
- academic and career advising
- free tutoring and supplemental instruction
- assistance with financial aid process, housing, and other university services
- support for students with disabilities
- writing and study skill development
- graduate school and professional school advising
- peer mentoring
- internship & employment assistance
- cultural and social activities
- community outreach
- informational resources