*This application is CLOSED for the 2019-2020 school year.*
The Center for Educational Opportunity (CeO) seeks a qualified student to assist in content development for print materials, e-mail marketing, website updates, video production, presentations and social media. This hourly position will report to the CeO Office Manager.
Applicants must be reliable, self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented. The ideal applicant will have exceptional writing and editing skills, ability to work with minimal supervision, follow detailed instruction and exercise good judgment on social media posts. Applicant must have a high level of experience with social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. A working knowledge of social software such as Hootsuite to manage social media communications is a plus.
Preference will be given to candidates who have proficiency in:
· Designing, laying out and formatting multi-page documents in Adobe InDesign
· Video production and editing for promotional use
· Correcting photos in Adobe Photoshop
· Creating, editing and formatting files in Microsoft Office applications
· Editing and creating webpages in web development software, such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft ExpressionWeb or similar. HTML and CSS knowledge is a plus.
Candidate must be a current UW student. Ideally, the position begins immediately and lasts through the 2018-19 academic year, with the possibility of semesters beyond that. It will require approximately 10-15 hours a week through the school year. Schedule is flexible Monday – Friday between 8 am – 5pm.
Please e-mail CeO Student Worker Application, cover letter and resume to Jim Ackerman at firstname.lastname@example.org. The application can be found below.