*This application is OPEN for the 2019-2020 school year!*
Do you enjoy helping others? Are you looking for a flexible work schedule?
Work in a group or one-on-one setting providing students with academic support, including tutoring, time management, and study skills development; maintain regular schedules with DDEEA scholars; work with DDEEA staff to coordinate necessary support for students; attend academic coach training as needed; follow DDEEA policies and guidelines.
· Students (sophomores or higher) with teaching/tutoring experience in various subjects (call 608-263-8862 for current listing).
· Enrolled at UW-Madison as a student with overall GPA of 2.75 or higher.
· Interested in working with undergraduate students from various backgrounds.
· Knowledgeable in the discipline you anticipate to support. Must earn at least an AB in the course interested in coaching.
· Willing to work in group or one-on-one settings, attend training sessions, and maintain regular hours with the program.
· Willing to follow the federal guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education.
· Excellent communication skills and a good command of English.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the academic year (with limited opportunities available in the summer), so please feel free to check to see which specific courses are currently available by calling the by contacting DDEEA’s Academic Coach Coordinator, Africa Lozano at 608-263-8862 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our high-demand areas include, but are not limited to the following:
· Foreign Language
Academic coach requests come in for many different courses, and vary from semester to semester, so check to see if courses you would like to tutor are available!