Position title: Director of Center for Educational Opportunity
Dr. Janiak brings 24 years of experience working with underrepresented minority students, including first generation and Pell-eligible students. She has a demonstrated record of successfully securing U.S. Department of Education Federal TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) grants, managing regional and multi–site TRIO SSS programs, and leadership in the field. Dr. Janiak earned both a doctorate degree in Educational Administration and Leadership and a master’s degree in College Personnel from Indiana State University, and her bachelor’s degree in Communicative Disorders-Audiology from UW-Oshkosh. Most recently, as Director of Student Support Services at UW-Whitewater, she co-led the Southwest Regional Collaborative Aspire Planning Grant, the DFWI Task Force, and the Math Institutional Change Team.
She likes to bicycle and has done the Door County Century Ride which is 100 miles in one day!
There are five things you should know to understand me:
- I love food. Food is my love language.
- I love books and people equally.
- Baking is a form of therapy for me. When things get out of control, I bring balance back to my world by measuring, sifting, and taste testing.
- My perfect vacation is spent sitting on a beach reading a good book, while someone brings me cold beverages. My husband’s perfect vacation is spent doing every adventure possible in a 10-mile radius of our hotel.
- My dog is the cutest dog ever and I have the pictures to prove it.
CeO Scholars Say:
“Working at CeO for the past year and a half was more than just work. I felt comfortable and welcomed, and most importantly, I was able to grow and learn with the guidance and support from you and other CeO staff. I appreciate all your efforts and your amazing leadership.” – J.P.
“Your hard work with CeO is extremely meaningful and inspires me! I see your determination you have for students and staff, and it makes me so thankful I get to work with someone who creates such a successful environment for everyone.” – S.T.