Position title: SSS Advisor
Terry (uses He/They pronouns) was born and raised in Wisconsin (originally from Milwaukee, grew up in Mukwonago, WI (or Mequanego, the traditional home fo the Potowatami Bear Clan). He earned his bachelor degree from Edgewood College in Political Science with a minor in Women’s & Gender Studies and holds two Master’s degrees from the University of Minnesota (love the Gophers, but proud to be a Badger!) one in Educational Policy and Administration in Higher Education and the other in Multicultural College Teaching and Learning.
When not helping his scholars navigate campus life and their academics, he spends his time reading, hanging out with his niece and nephew and his family’s 2 dogs Telly & Kai 🐶🐶 and his cat Frankie 🐱.
I can name all 9 sitting Supreme Court Justices in order of when they were appointed (backwards and forwards) without looking them up. Also can recognize them from just their pictures.
Areas of student support expertise:
- Career Planning & Development (job/internship search, resume and cover letter reviews, mock interviewing)
- Graduate School Planning
- Navigating the college accommodations process
- Learning strategies and academic skills
- Major exploration
Service & Involvement:
- Member, Academic Staff Executive Committee (2023 to 2026)
- Equity Coordinator, ACPA Coalition for Sexuality and Gender Identities (2023/2025)
- Member, Advisor Training and Development Team (2021-2024)
Current collecting obsessions:
Lego mini figures, Funko Pops!, Comics (Marvel) and Pokemon trading cards.